"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Thursday, December 30

Curious

In case you haven't already figured it out, we (and by that I mostly mean me) are on the chewy end of the "crunchy" crowd.  We're willing to try something new as long as it's a) affordable and b) not going to cause undue inconvenience.  Generally we prefer to make lifestyle choices that will benefit the earth and our bodies as opposed to causing harm (seeing as how our bodies ARE temples for God).  Sometimes convenience just plain wins out.  We're not perfect, but we're learning :).

So, the most current point of curiosity for me: using oil as a skin cleanser.  The general gist is your skin generates oil as a protectant and moisturizer.  The problem comes in when your skin's pores get clogged up with dirt, grime, bacteria, and "old" oil.  Oil dissolves oil (yay for science class!) so it should make a fine cleanser.
I've looked up a variety of sites and of course each has its own suggestions for oils and oil mixtures.  The most affordable/viable (yay for a BX that has limited selection!) option for me at this time is probably olive oil and castor oil (if I can find it).

Something tells me husband will think I'm nuts, but at this point he's pretty well used to it.  The running record has been as long as I'm willing to do the bulk of the experimenting and it's not going to cause him problems, then he's cool with whatever tangent I care to explore.  He even jumps on the bandwagon on occassion!  Hopefully I can get all the experimenting/kinks worked out before he gets home from deployment, then we can cross the bridge of getting him to try it.  I'll letcha' know how it goes!

No comments: