"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Monday, January 24

Winter's Drawing to a Close

The end of this deployment is getting nearer day by day, and my mind keeps rushing faster and faster at the thought of him coming home.

Will he like the new clothes I got while he was gone?
Will he like my new size and shape?
Will our baby girl reach out to him and cry "Dada!" in glee?
Will he be confused by the changes I've made in the house?
Will I be okay with giving up hogging the whole bed?
Will he get frustrated with our daughter's middle-of-the-night wake-up calls?
Will the dog still mind me even when he's home?

I'm tired and stressed and excited and worried and impatient and ready for this deployment to be over but a bit timid about what its end will bring.

My love for him grows daily, whether he's here or there, but some thoughts, feelings, and emotions have been hibernating for the last several months.  They're just beginning to stir like a sleepy bear waking to the little hints of spring in the air.

I'm ready for him to be home.

No comments: