"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Thursday, January 13

I've Been Told This is Part of Parenthood

The guilt.  The never-ending nagging feeling that I'm not doing something right, that I could be doing something, many things, better.  That the decisions I make today will have some far-reaching, horrible effect on our child that I won't be able to undo.  The knowledge that someone, somewhere, has the answer and I'm just not looking hard enough for it.  This is exhausting.  I've done many things out of sheer necessity that I would not have otherwise chosen, but I'm doing the best I can.   On that front I think it'll be better when Daddy comes home.  Regardless, our days are filled with prayers and learning to trust God in ways I never would have thought of before becoming a parent.  Lord help me, I know You bring us to and through only those things which we can handle with Your help!

No comments: