"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Friday, January 21

Oh Sure, Why Not

Just in case you wanted to know all the inner workings of my mind at 11:10 on a Friday night :).


(Borrowed from WifeofaSailor)
MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

1. What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time?


Do they speak English?  If so, we'll go from there.  If not, well... we'll have to get creative :).  If I manage to goof up first impressions as often as I do, I imagine other people might not be too keen on them either.  How about we just sit down and chat for awhile :).


2. Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised?

I think it's impossible to know everything about anyone, even myself!  People are constantly changing and (hopefully) growing, that's part of what makes us human.  I love getting to know my husband more and more every day and look forward to a lifetime of sharing and growing with him!  When we were at our pre-cana retreat (marriage prep - it was wonderful) one of the speakers shared an image with us.  It was a simple triangle, with the husband on one bottom corner, the wife on the other bottom corner, and God at the peak.  The closer we grow toward God, the closer we grow toward each other.  This has proven so true and I try to remember that if I want to get closer to my husband, the best way is by reaching out for God.  Talk about regular surprises!


3. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live?

Ummm... no.  No city.  I don't even want to SEE city from my house.  How about a general middle of the mid-west, USA.  With mountains.  And green.  Lots and lots of green.


4. When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take?

Books.  Although now that we have a little one?  Diapers. ;p


5. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself.
  • Catholic
  • mother
  • wife
  • reader
  • baker
  • creator
  • camper
  • treehugger
  • dreamer
  • protector

Now it's your turn :).  Don't forget to link up here:  http://wifeofasailor.com/2011/01/21/milspouse-friday-fill-in-27/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Knowing if someone speaks English is a good thing to know!