"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Friday, March 11

Earthquake and Tsunami

We're okay here.  BIG earthquakes today.  Prayers for the safety of those in harder-hit areas!

Main quake was 8.9 at the center and hit at 2:45pm. It was about a 5 here.  The second and third ones were about 20 mins later--both 6.4 at the epicenter.

Airports have been closed, planes have been diverted, trains are down, people are stranded all over the place.  We'll have more info tomorrow I imagine, but for now please just pray.


3 comments:

Angie said...

Following from the MilSpouse RoundUp! Prayers go out to all! This is devastating and it breaks my heart to see all of this. With this post I assume you are somewhere in the vicinity! So I pray for your safety as well and hope that this is the most damage that gets done!

Roller Coaster said...

So glad you're ok!!! It's all over the news here. I couldn't believe when I heard about the earthquake and now all the tsunami worries. Take care of yourself!

Athena said...

Praying for you and everyone affected.