"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Tuesday, March 1

Trying

I've been struggling recently with a lot of base drama.  Normally it doesn't get to me, but there was a series of events that I could neither concientiously ignore nor get away from.  It resulted in withdrawing my participation in a group that until that point had been my most reliable source of spouse support, adult interaction, and time out of the house.  I have since found other avenues for support, interaction, and time away so I'm okay with those aspects of the change.  What I'm not okay with however is the nagging feeling of angry and helpless frustration following me around like a storm cloud waiting to break open.

I am well aware that I cannot change someone else's attitude or actions.  That's fine.  I can change mine.  This is a small community.  On a daily basis I am forced to face the situation, the people, and my decision.  Running away is not an option, so neither is ignoring the problem brewing beneath my skin.
"There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?" -James 4:12
I am struggling to turn to the mirror so I can see the plank in my own eye.

Lord, please guide me in my thoughts, words, and actions.  Help me to love like you.  In You all things are possible.  Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a hard one! I hope everything works out.