"God is Love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." - 1 Jn 4:16



Friday, March 18

What Would You Do?

We're stuck.  Here's the situation:

  • As far as we know there is no danger to us or our area due to the earthquakes and aftermath.  We're safe here.
  • The government has authorized essentially an all-expenses-paid round-trip to our location of choice anywhere in the States.
  • We're not likely to come back for at least 30 days, and I would guess longer.
  • We JUST did a deployment.  My husband's only been back less than 2 months and this trip would mean being separated again for a time TBD.
  • We have family in the States that would really love the opportunity to spend time with their grandbaby.
  • This authorization has the potential to be cancelled at any time, meaning we lose our opportunity to go for free.
  • I don't really want to go but don't know that we can pass up the chance to spend time with extended family.
  • The trade-off is being separated from our immediate family (Daddy).
  • There's a one-year-old baby that's going to be affected strongly by any decision we make.

We're stuck.  Praying and thinking and trying to figure out answers.  What would you do?

5 comments:

Froggylady said...

Ugh, that's a tough one. Things I would consider: Are spouses hours affected by all that's going on there? Could you afford a family trip later? Is another deployment looming out there glaring at me?

I would probably take the opportunity if my husband was working longer hours and if finances played a big part. I was always close to my grandparents and I take every opportunity I can to make sure our daughter is able to have as close a relationship as possible.

Hope you don't mind me butting in, found you through the milspouse link up.

http://frogemama.blogspot.com

Megilon said...

My husband is stationed over there but I'm in the U.S. so I'm not in your situation.

It is a tough situation. I can't imagine having to go through it. I admit I'd be tempted to come to the U.S. and get away from there for a bit. I know you would be separated from your husband for a while and that would suck but work may keep him busy anyway. It is a tough call. I'll be praying for you guys.

Unknown said...

That's a hard one! Praying for wisdom:)

Anonymous said...

((((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

((((hugs)))